Wednesday, January 21, 2015

a few of my least favorite things

In years past,  Oprah's audience awaited her dramatic reveal of her "favorite things" giveaway.  To her credit- she is certainly rich enough to know the good stuff from the B-list bourgeois seconds I grab at Wal-Mart.  But, since I have  nothing to give away but three-trees worth of my kid's artwork, I decided to instead share my trending least favorite things - from the trivial to the trite (and everything in between).



These are a few of my least favorite things. . . 

1. Those horrid hot pants. How did they come back so fast? MC Hammer could still rock them but my baby-birthing hips can't handle that hotness anymore. Too soon, fashion friends. Too soon.


2. The abuse of leggings. They are not pants, ladies. Not. Pants. Know their place.




















3. Jeb Bush running for President. Spoiler Alert. He will lose. And I cannot survive another GOP defeat without developing a serious narcotics dependency. #WalkerRubio2016

4. Twitter. And the narcissism it (often) fuels. There I said it. Tweet that.

5. Lady Mary Crawley and her moral indiscretion. Downton shall abide no hoes! (I believe that is direct quote from season 5).


6. The obsession with Jen Hatmaker by too many female evangelicals under 45.  I am sure she is lovely, but seriously. Come on, friends. She is no Dietrich Bonhoeffer (#mancrushtheologian)

7. The anti-vaccine hysteria. It's one thing to be all "organic, grass-fed, Bradley method" but it is a whole other polio match to refuse immunizations.  Opposing vaccinations is the luxury of only a first world, developed nation.

8. The scarves blitzkrieg. The neck-brace of fashion has America in a choke hold (do you like how I did that?).  I love scarves - but in moderation. The religion of peace loves them too. *wink*


9. ISIS.  We just need to "Chris Kyle" this situation. Stat.  ISIS should already be a classified footnote in our foreign policy manual under "handled." Really, it is an obamanation.

And finally, *drum roll* my least favorite thing. . . 

10. My clingy kids. Just kidding. They are my favorite thing. And today, everyone goes home with one of them!! *cue loud cheers and applause*

* Don't feel judged if these were some of your most favorite things. To each their own. Unless #9 is one of your favorite things. Then feel judged. Very judged. 

Today's giveaway 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your creativity and wit but moreso your heart. Thanks Liss for putting a smile on my face today:)

lisaqshay said...

11. Snow
12. Pasty white legs
13. Strategically staged photographs of bible, highlighters, journals and pen all for the envy and aw of FB IG followers.
14. Snow
15. Mothers exclaiming with glee when there is a snow day or delay or early dismissal because they can't wait to play in the snow and make cookies with their "kiddos". (This just happened to me yesterday.)
16. The use of words such as: Kiddos, hubs, hubby, wifey, fab, totes, adorbs, deets...
17. Snow

Just a "few" of my LEAST favorite things to add to your terrific list of yours.
Love you!! Wish you were my neighbor.