Wednesday, January 25, 2012
A Book You Must Read
“We are not to simply bandage the wounds of victims beneath the wheels of injustice, we are to drive a spoke into the wheel itself.” D. Bonhoeffer.
...And drive the spoke into the wheel he did. Dietrich Bonhoeffer is giant amongst history's men and masterfully materializes before us through the literary artistry of one of my favorite biographers, Eric Metaxas in his work, Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy. Whether you are unacqauinted or well acquainted with this "righteous gentile" German whose subterfuge campaign against the Third Reich cost him the ultimate sacrifice, this book is indispensable in it's conviction of the conscience and compelling in its content. Considering the historic judicial import of this week, those who champion the dignity of life- born and unborn - should be heartened and inspired by this exemplary man who elected not to become complacent in "cheap grace," but to live a life of integrity, valor and faith without fear of recrimination.
I hope I am raising two who will drive spokes in the wheels.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Melissa, I am going on your recommendation here. I downloaded this on the new Kindle I got for my birthday. Any other recommendations? Todd mentioned the 39th anniversary this morning in church and I found myself considering how much of our society seeks to accept sin based on "love" but still abortion continues. Do we not see the irony in that?
I too intend to read this one, thanks for the recommendation:)
Post a Comment